Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sawadee!

After arriving from Sukhothai and hating Chiang Mai from first impressions, we have grown to love this place.
At first it seems like a horribly busy, crowded, and fume infested city but once you begin to explore it, it becomes a really captivating place. We have been here for 5 days but 3 of those have been spent in the jungle, about an hour north of the city, trekking.

The 3 day trek was incredible, pretty tough in parts but with so many waterfalls to cool you down it didn't matter. We spent the days in the jungle treading through thick forest and learning local thai ways whilst being amazed at the number of different birds, and the nights sat around a pretty cool campfire. We stayed in two different hill tribe villages with a host family cooking us traditional thai food which was extremely tasty.

On top of this we did another elephant trek (where we got to sit on the elephants neck!) and some bamboo rafting which added to the experience and was pretty funny.

AND we also spent last night jammin at the Chiang Mai International Reggae music festival which was insane.

here are the pics ...................


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb