Train, brain, and space toilets


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 5th 2010
Published: November 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have just arrived in Chiang Mai, and what a trainride it was up from Bangkok... K had a crappy day yesterday. Shortly after arriving at the grand palace in Bangkok we had to catch a taxi back to our hotel. This beeing rushhour in Bangkok meant long and seemingly endless traffic jams. Close to an hour later we arrived back at our hotel and realized that we both had a fever. We decided to relax for the rest of the day to gather some strength for today's journey.

We checked out at noon, and chilled at a nearby shopping mall for like five hours before going to the trainstation. Our train departed on time at 19:35. Compared to the train from Suratthani this was a very uncomfortable ride, bumpy and squeaky as meh. Add two upset tummies and hardly any sleep it turned to be the worst trainride ever.

The toilets on the trains here are a world apart from what we're used to, everything is metal. The loo itself is just a hole in the floor down to the tracks - but the weirdest about them are the pedals at the floor. In a supercramped room with an inward turning door you can't really avoid stepping on them... And when you do water comes out of the sink. And with such a force you're bound to be sprayed either at you front or back depending on how you choose to exit the toilet...

We still feel a bit reduced, but we had a lovely arrival at our new place to stay, the golden Cupid hotel. Our room is grand and everyone is so nice! We look forward to the days ahead. It's great to be out of the very polluted Bangkok.

C&K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb