Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 28th 2006
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were in Chiang Mai for 5 days in total and did loads. Went to see a monkey show, felt sad though because the monkeys aren't kept in very nice conditions. Went to see a snake show, it was really good, they showed how they catch snakes and extract venom. Then we wnt on ATVs which are Quad Bikes, we went on a three hour ride up through the jungle and to a mountain summit, it was really good would recommend! Then we went to the night market it is massive sells loads of fake stuff, you could buy a fake anything! along with loys of scarves shoes and jewllery. Next day we started a three day trek through the jungle with 4 others, mark and maria, chris and dave, it started with an elephant ride, our elephant was really naughty and kept wondering up or down the side of the pth to get food and we were going everywhere! After that we had our 1st 3hr trek, we all had backpacks with our stuff for 3 days in and the treking was hard, lots of hills, after 2 hours we got to a waterfall and stopped there for a while, we then continued to our camp for the night which was a bamboo hut in the middle of nowhere! The washing facilities were a waterfall which it was right next to....interesting! That night we just sat by the campfire. Next day we treked for a hour and a half in the morning and the same in the afternoon, was really hard going one of our guides Chai carried my bag for me coz i'm so unfit! He said he was known as a small elephant because of his strength! That evening we stayed in another bamboo hut in a vilage, the village children came to sing for us, they sang some thai songs and then we were told we had to sing for them! all we could think of that we all knew was the theme tunes to home and away and neighbours!!!! so we sang them, they didn't clap though....wonder why! Next day was a 3 hour trek in the morning not so hard but Chai still carried my bag! Half way we stopped at a massive waterfall where some of the others including Tom had a swim, we were relieved when the treking was over and we were taken to go bamboo rafting, that was really good except our driver was crap and kept going under overhanging trees and nearly decapitating us! Toms end of the raft kept half sinking so he ended up in the water a lot! Then we were back to the guest house - hot showers at last! That night I went to a Thai Kickboxing match with the oters from the group, it was good, but once youve seen one most are the same so I left at half 10 and got some much needed sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb