The imcompetence of taxi drivers


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 18th 2009
Published: January 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a bit of a lazy day today. Went on internet then organised a Songathaew to the bus station so we could book a bus to Chaing Khong, the Laos border. Also got the same driver to take us to the Tourist Information Office (T.A.T) and Tourist Police so we could find out what we could do about getting some money back for our suits. Eventually the driver found the TAT office after many examinations of the map.

Getting to the Tourist Police however was a different story. He managed to get lost on a straight road and took the wrong turning and tried to take us to some temple. After we stopped him and tried showing him the map, all he did was point to the temple. I was almost shouting at him, "No temple! Tourist Police!", pointing on the map.

Basically the next scene ended up with me - a tourist who's been in the city 4 days, directing a taxi driver who lives and works in the city, sitting in the front of the cab giving directions!

Proudly I made it to the Tourist Police where they told us we had to go back to the Bangkok. The sheer incompetence of some of the people in Thailand boggles my mind.

Got the useless driver to take us back to town and got rid of him.

Saw an advert on T.V that night for 'Starwar Concert', the Thai X Factor. Even had the same themetune. Halfway round the world and I still can't get away from the bloody thing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb