Night out in Chaing Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 16th 2009
Published: January 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up quite late after catching up on sleep after the trekking. Decided to have a lazy day because we hadn't had a chance to relax with everything we've done.

Went to internet cafe and tourist agency to try and sort out our bus to the Laos border and our trip to see the Golden Triangle and the Long-Neck Tribe.

Went back to the hotel and went for some food with the German we had met on the trek. I had a nice meal from a stall of 'pork leg and rice' with some chillis and paid 50p. We made a joke to the German saying everyone must think he's our Dad and he replied, "no, everyone thinks I'm a sex tourist!!!"

Went back to the hotel to meet up with the kiwis, Rodney and Ben. Played some card games whilst drinking at the hotel, then went out to a bar called the Riverside. It was packed! There was a live band on and they played some good stuff with some rock, indie and hip-hop. It was funny listening to the Thais trying to sing what they thought the english words were! They also played some Thai music. Judging by the band and the radio stations we've heard, all their music sounds the same. I think someone gave them a Lionel Richie and Chris De Burgh CD and they thought they were gods!

After the band finished we went to another club and realised there were far too many men... Ended up in another place where we couldn't work out which Thais were ladyboys or not! I stayed well clear of them all just in case. Left there at 2.30 and since they don't have kebab shops here, we went to Burger King! It was nice to have a meal that wasn't with rice!

Got back to the hotel at 3.30 to get up again at 7 for our Golden Triangle trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb