6pm on the dot


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 15th 2006
Published: January 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I think I forgot to mention that we were headed to Chiang Mai in my last entry. We took an overnight train last night. What an experience. It was cold; the thai seem to think we need to be refrigerated! Brookes and I had top bunks and under us was a Thai couple. The bunks were surprisingly comforable and with earplugs sleep was attainable. Not great quality sleep, but sleep.

Anyway, we have arrived and are relieved to be out of the smog. It is beautiful here as Chiang Mai is in the hills of Northern Thailand. It is very green and moderate temperatures without the humidity. After finally arriving at the hostel- we seemed to have gotten a tuk tuk driver who did not know the city- we got a bite to eat and a nap and we are out exploring the night markets which are very busy with a mix of Thai and Foreigners. We are making a point not to buy anything (our packs are a god size right now) and most of the stuff is the sae as in Bangkok anyway. We'll save it till we get back there. THEN we'll buy. Lots of beautiful art in Chian Mai more so than Bangkok. It is more of an arts and culture place so we are looking forward to that. This weekend there are lots of performances by Thai kids for childrens day.

Internet time is almost up!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb