Food, food and more food!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Chiang Mai which is in the north of Thailand. We opted to fly rather than take a 10 hour bus or train trip. We went with AirAsia which is Asia's answer to Ryanair. Apart from the fact the flight was delayed for an hour it was good.

We had a pretty lazy day on our fist day as we had to get up early to catch the flight. We did visit one temple - Wat Chiang Man

Today we went to the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery school which was really good. The day started with a tour of the market showing us some of the things we would be cooking then it was back to the school to cook. We cooked a lot of food! I think it is fair to say that Tim and I will be having a very light dinner tonight. We cooked the following things: Chicken In Coconut Milk Soup (Tom Kha Gai), Fried, Big Noodles With Thick Sauce (Raad Nah Muu), Red Curry With Fish (Gaeng Phed Plaa) and Fried Mixed Mushrooms With Baby Corn (Phad Hed Ruam Khao Pod Orn). After that it was time for a rest and we ate the fish curry, vegetables and some rice for lunch. We had already eaten the first two dishes so were not that hungry by this point and forced it down none the less! After that it was time for the afternoons two dishes which were Papaya Salad And Sticky Rice (Som Tam) and Steamed Banana Cake (Khanom Kluay). I particularly liked the banana cake as it was nice to have something sweet for a change. The good thing about the cooking was that you ate what you cooked so you could add as many chillies as you liked depending on your tolerance for spicy food. In my case that was not that many. I was quite surprised that I managed to cook stuff that wasn't only edible but tasted good too. Maybe I will impress you all with my new found Thai cooking ability on my return!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



28th February 2008

Yes please for Thai food!
Hi I will happily eat your practice Thai cooking! Sounds really good! Yum!

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb