Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 10th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Train to Chang Mai Train to Chang Mai Train to Chang Mai

13 hour train journey
Hi eveyone. Its been a few weeks since the last blog entry so thought I'd update you all as I've been to lots of place since Ko Lipe. I flew from Krabi back to Bangkok on 4th Feb to join the GAP Adventures Bangkok to Hanoi via Laos tour. After another long journey from the airport in the Bangkok traffic I got to the Royal Hotel just in time for the 6.00pm introduction meeting where everyone met up and we sorted out plans for the following few days. After that we went for a meal off the Khoasan Road and had an early night. It was a really friendly group of 13, mostly Canadians, a few welshies and one from USA. The next day in Bangkok we went to Wot Po to see the reclining Budha, had a trip on a canal boat and then caught some taxi's to the train station to go to Chiang Mai in North Thailand. Unfortunately 4 of the group missed the train so they had to get the next one but the rest of us hopped on for a 13 hour overnight journey which was great fun. We arrived early in the morning and packed into a big red taxi which took us to the Maniphone guesthouse for the night. I really liked CM its a city but a lot smaller that Bangkok, lots of temples and we drove up the mountain to one that was very special with spectacular views over CM. In the evening we went to the nightmarket for dinner and had a look at the shops before heading back to the guesthouse. So just a brief stop in CM but hopefully I'll have time to go back there in March for longer and do some trekking and cooking classes. More pictures to follow shortly......


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb