Lazy Day and the Zoo


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 14th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ParkThe ParkThe Park

Nice little place to relax.
Monday 13th Feb:
We didn't realy do much today, just sat on the park, in the sun and chilled. Some army bloke (off-duty) came and sat near us and talked a lot, that was about it really. Leanne got minor sunburn on her chest. Later we went for dinner and got served by a blatent ladyboy, then we got drinks (Leanne got some Sangsom - local 80 proof dark rum, it was okay).


Tue 14th Feb:
Being St. Valentine's day we wanted to do something romantic, and without buying each other gifts that we would each secretly resent having to carry as extra weight, and with our options we decided the Zoo was a good place (plus Leanne hasn't been to one since she was a kid, and has always wanted to.) So we picked up our Laos Visa's (which they stamp into your passport) and headed off to the zoo.

Chiang Mai Zoo is big, it probably bigger walking round than alton towers and is built onto the side of a mountain, so has quite a fair few stairs. It was good fun, and we saw lots and lots of different animals, and it was fairly empty (not
Siamese Crocodiles.Siamese Crocodiles.Siamese Crocodiles.

Agressive little things.
many tourists, workers or anybody really, which was nice). The main animals we saw, out of a big list were Tigers, A Lioness (which was not securely caged, if it wanted to get out, or get at us - it could, and very easily), Giraffes (which smell really bad), Snakes, Crocodiles (which hissed and scared Leanne) and so on.
On the way back we met a gardener from New Zealand (who grew up in South Africa - strange accent), he was a bit wet, but friendly enough, he was just here on holiday and seemed to like Chiang Mai too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GiraffeGiraffe
Giraffe

Smelly, but cute.
LionessLioness
Lioness

There was nothing really stopping her from eating us if she had wanted to!
Asiatic Black BearAsiatic Black Bear
Asiatic Black Bear

Started prowling along the wall when we came along.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb