Thai Cooking Class


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 19th 2019
Published: January 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Jan 19th,

This morning began with a Thai cooking class, taught to us by our Thai buddies! I got to make red curry, which is basically coconut milk, red curry paste, chicken, and eggplant. It was super easy to make, but tasted so good (and a little spicy)! After indulging the curry, pad Thai, papaya salad, butterfly pea juice, and timtubgrab that we made, we headed to another hot spring. Some of my friends bought eggs to cook in the boiling hot spring water, and it only took 10-15 minutes. While at the hot spring, we stumbled upon a massage place that was offering 30 minute foot massages for 120 baht. To put this into perspective, that is less than four dollars in the united states! You better believe that myself and two of my other friends chose to indulge in the massage instead of sitting with our feet in the hot spring water. It was worth it.

We then headed to an umbrella factory! Umbrellas are a big part of Thai culture/style, so it was fun to see how they are made. We also got to watch some amazing artists hand paint anything you brought to them. A bunch of my friends got their phone cases, glasses cases, and even shirts painted. The umbrella factory lead into an awesome festival/shopping street full of amazing food and plenty of shopping. We spend the evening browsing and trying all the different types of food!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb