Chang Mai


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Very prettyVery prettyVery pretty

Somewhere in Chang Mai
We arrived in Chang Mai and headed straight to our hotel by taxi. The hotel was awesome compared to all the rest. We had people carrying our bags, tea whilst checking in (so much sugar, but still), had someone to show us the apartment, huge modern room and even a pillow menu. The classy stuff all for cheaper than the hostel room in Amsterdam.

After traveling for about 26hours, we were both shagged beyond belief, headed for the night markets and a bite at Dukes, then a 30min neck massage ($7). Back to the hotel, the turn down service (of our bedding) was a nice touch with a flower on each of our pillows, and a card wishing us a good night’s rest. It must of worked too, because we managed to sleep until 2pm. Damn.

Oh well too late to do many of the things our taxi driver had suggested, we went walking to the centre of the town, which was very interesting. This place has many shrines and temples, very pretty. We managed to find an Irish pub with nrl football playing . So after the game had finished we got a fish spa and foot massage.
They have nice incense tooThey have nice incense tooThey have nice incense too

Somewhere in Chang Mai
The fish spa had all these fish that like to eat dead skin cells off the bottom of your feet. They would have had a feeding frenzy on Yeh’s feet. Then for a relaxing 30min foot massage. Only 600Baht, or 21aussie including 2 alcoholic drinks, that’s cheaper then I round of drinks in Amsterdam.. Maybe we can manage to squeeze one of these into our budget everyday…

Back home for another restful sleep, then morning a la carte breaky (included with room) and a quick swim in the nice pool, before jumping in a taxi and heading back to Bangkok airport. We packed our bags so that we were able to leave one suitcase at the airport, Au$3.50 a day, but saved us the trouble of lugging all our winter clothes around.

Then just to decide whether to stay in Bangkok, or travel somewhere else? The red shirt protesters were all in the shopping precinct of town and 5 people had been killed the day before, so Anna talked me into going to Pattaya instead.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Gate into Chang MaiGate into Chang Mai
Gate into Chang Mai

Somewhere just over the moat in Chang Mai
Pretty Cool heyPretty Cool hey
Pretty Cool hey

Somewhere in Chang Mai
Street Markets and FoodStreet Markets and Food
Street Markets and Food

Somewhere in Chang Mai
Cool jumping castle.Cool jumping castle.
Cool jumping castle.

This wouldn't fit in the lounge room.
Its Fanta CassisIts Fanta Cassis
Its Fanta Cassis

But not as we know it.
More pretty stuffMore pretty stuff
More pretty stuff

Somewhere in Chang Mai
Night MarketsNight Markets
Night Markets

Chang Mai
Fish SpaFish Spa
Fish Spa

Tickled a bit, but only for 2mins. In London they wanted 15euro for 15mins. Cant beat 100baht.
Must of had a lot for them to eat.Must of had a lot for them to eat.
Must of had a lot for them to eat.

Actually worked and did feel smoother.
Nice bed.Nice bed.
Nice bed.

and Anna's head
the spathe spa
the spa

even with head pillows too
Shower with sliding door to toiletShower with sliding door to toilet
Shower with sliding door to toilet

what more pivacy do you need for 2.
Nice furnitureNice furniture
Nice furniture

and Anna's bum
I bombed this.I bombed this.
I bombed this.

It provoided a sence of calm.
The libarayThe libaray
The libaray

Only came in this room for the photo.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb