Ever spent an entire day on a train ....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » Doi Suthep
March 25th 2012
Published: March 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

.... Because we have!



Just to let everyone know we arrived up north and we are well and safe etc ... only instead of being an overnight express it took us until 7 in the evening the next day .. 24 hours after we got on it!!!!



Apparently that is normal for his country and it was certainly an experience. The train was air conditioned and lovely and clean with a buffet cart that was like a bad 90s disco blasting shania twain and the corrs all night. Luckily for us (as we might have ended up killing each other!!) .. we met some other brits on the train and a lovely german couple and had a good laugh about it. Andy was completely charmed by the fella who turned out to be a football press photographer back in Germany, and I met the first person .. possibly ever who says he 'loves Newport'!! (you meet all kinds out here ..)



So we arrived last night desperate for a shower and ended up getting a free ride to a backpackers hotel in Chaing Mai as one of our fellow train travellers was staying there. We got a room for 400 baht (about 8 quid) with a bathroom and fan (sold) and even a pool. Grabbed some amazing red thai curry (hot hot hot!!!!) off the street last night for about 20p and spent the night with some canadians and americans who we are now meeting up with in Pai (which we are heading to in a few days).



We have a busy few days ahead of us now, gonna do some exploring of this place .. doing a thai cooking course tonight where we get to eat our own creations .... and hopefully to the elephant conservation centre tomorrow. Can't wait to see Nelly ....



Love to all at home, and sorry for the lack of contact in the last 24 but we were on a train .... ha

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb