Excellent time with the boys!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
December 12th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As you will have read from our last entry we were waiting for our friends Kev and Ashley to arrive so here is our story with them!! After arriving at the airport at 5am to find out they weren't arriving until 6am, Scott was just a little annoyed, but anyway luckily we waited and they finally arrived looking quite spritely after their 12 hour flight.

We took them back to the Koh San road (backpacker heaven) before heading out for some drinks. Unfortunatly we couldn't do a great deal with them as it was the Kings Birthday out here which they all go mad for. They all wear yellow as each day of the week has it's own separate colour and the king was born on a Monday which is yellow, and they had massive fireworks displays in the evening which were amazing, we had picked a really good place to eat with great views.

We only stayed one night as they are only here for a week before heading off to Pataya (2 hours east of Bangkok), which I have to say was an eye opener for us and we are quite travelled!! I don't think we saw 1 man over the age of 40 with a western woman and certainly not over the age of 25, some of you reading this might think that sounds excellent but you would just fall into the category of "Dirty old Man"!! We accidentially walked down a street looking for some "Ping Pong" shows to discover we were in "Boys Town" all of a sudden Ash and Kev both wanted me as their wife, as those of you who know Scott will realise he felt quite comfortable here, infact I would even go as far as saying he felt quite at home!! We eventually found "Walking Street" which is where all the ladies are and managed to see a "Ping Pong" show and a sex show (ladies even I was impressed by their pelvic muscles). Scott and I left the boys at 3am for them to amuse themselves!!

Then it was back up again (or for the boys just carrying on) off to Ko Chang, an island over near the Cambodia border. It was beautiful here, still very un-commercialised with white sandy beaches, clear blue seas and fantastic landscapes. Kev, Ash and I went elephant washing, feeding and riding at a local sanctuary where they help orphaned and sick elephants, it was amazing. Ash did nearly get stepped on while washing his elephant in the watering hole which was a bit of a scary moment. Ash and I shared an elephant called Cindy or as our guide liked to call her Wayne Rooney which he thought she had to be first at everying so we bolted through the jungle to start off with then slowed so Ash could steer her. We also did an island tour which was beautiful with azure coloured waters and fantastic coloured coral reefs and fish which would literally eat the bread out of your hand. There were hundereds of them swarming round us, it was amazing. If anyone is thinking of coming to Thailand I would definatly recommend this place, it is one of favourites.

Again slight problem with the photos so hopefully coming soon!!

Anna and Scott xx

PS - To those of you with family out here I did look for them but couldn't see them!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb