Off the Beaten Track


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

In case we forget at the end - HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!

Well our last week or so hasn't been as interesting as the first couple as we have done quite a bit of travellig to get south. After leaving Bangkok for the 4th time (I think) we headed south to a place called Hua Hin, where the King takes his holiday. We had the most fantastic meal here in a lovely Frech restaurant overlooking the sea and we also had our first bottle of wine (it's quite expensive out here) it was delicious. The night markets here are good and have some really nice Thai souveners, but other than that there isn't a great deal to see, so we just relaxed on the beach.

We then went off the beaten track to a place called Pratchup Kiri Khan, we'd read about it in the book and sounded really quaint - it lived up to it's reputation. We booked into a lovely little guest house overlooking the sea and wondered up and down it's new, slightly French. promonade. There was a temple at the top of 386 steps but it was soooo hot that we just didn't have the energy to do it so we looked from a distance, the lovely pool by the hotel!! We decided one evening to head out of town to another restaurant that we had read about but once the taxi driver had dropped us off we realised there weren't any restaurants and we were an hours walk from our hotel. Because we were off the beaten track the Thai's didn't speak much English when we asked in the local hotel for a taxi, so we preceeded to walk down an unlit road until we saw a little local eatery where we asked along with acting for a taxi. They understood and out came the young chef on her moped to give us a lift back - they are such a friendly, welocming nation.

From here we headed to Ranong for one evening before heading out to Phuket, basically 2 whole days on a bus!! We have had a couple of days in seedyville!! Back to Ping Pong alleys and sex shows gallore, Scotts pretending he's not interested!! As we are going to do some trips out of our next stop we have lazed around on the beach and by the pool and just wondered around more markets. you'll be impressed to hear I have only bought 1 bag and 3 pairs of earings about 4 pounds in total.

We'll write again in the New Year when everyone is back at work!!!

See you all soonish!!
Love Anna & Scott

PS We've given up on the photos, after speaking to a couple of people apparently it's really slow here so we'll show you when we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb