the wedding


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
March 7th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Daniel and Tanja have been travelling a few months through the world and decided to get married in Thailand ... they told who ever wants to come can join us, at first they thought maybe 5 or 6 people come, we ended up with 17 ...

Sjoerd (who i joined for the national marine park trip) had Daniel's wedding suit custom made in Bangkok and as icing on the cake he had the exact shirt and pants made for the boys, which of course came as total surprise to tanja ... i will summarize the day, the rest u can view on the pictures

After my horrible unjustified holding by the Thai police i barely was in time for the dressing of the kids ... we took a longboat to a beach on the east coast (we're all staying west) where the ceremonies were to be held

After taking some group pictures, the wedding started with the Buddhist wedding where 3 monks chanted 15 minutes their blessings ... family, friends, hostess and strangers were all in prayer for Daniel and Tanja ... this was followed by the typical blessing of a Thai wedding, which was followed by us sitting in a circle where a friend of Tanja read Judice's speech, which was filled with nice anecdotes (she had send a questionaire to the bride and groom) emotions and of course lots of wisdom ... then we all declared them man and wife and they placed on their rings, with lots of difficulty over the swollen fingers due to the heat ... thereafter we had a scrumptious meal followed by fireworks, and a big party which lasted till midnight ... and then instead of an anticlimax back in taxis, the ride became one of the highlights as we had to travel up very steep dirt roads through the middle of the jungle for 1.5 hrs to get back to civilization ...

The second day Daan and Tan had rented a sailing boat on which all of us spend a lazy day ... the only thing which sucked for mi, was that i couldn't get back on the boat and with help of Daniel's oldest friend, Martin i was able to sort of manuvre myself as a seal onto the little deck behind the boat, and of course misjudged the space between my ribs and the edge of the deck and crushed onto it, bruising 3 ribs in the process ... hooray for the tigerbalm stuff i purchased in bangkok, however now 5 days later i still have trouble taking a deep breath ...

Anyway day 3 Sjoerd had arranged a little 'honeymoon' inwhere we all pitched in. They were picked up for a 45 min jetski ride from their own beach to be taken to a wonderful trendy luxurious resort where they were treated like royalty

Enjoy the pictures


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb