Singburi 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Singburi
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Sung Buri, Thailand!!

At the moment I am sat in an internet cafe whilt it is POURNG with rain!! but it has made it feel much cooler and for the first time in while in can go outside and not melt (but get very wet!!!).
WE left Bangkok on Sunday afternoon to arrive at our eco-house at 4.30ish - its much nicer than we had thought. Abbi and I are sharing a room with 4 other girls - Jess, Holly, Natalie and Natalie (who r also travelling in pairs as friends!).
When we arrived itwas time for tea (at 5) -all the food is vegetarian so was a bit wooried at first but it is tasty but mainly rice or noodles with vegetable. Always fruit available and also TOAST!! and JAM!! (which i have been havin for breakfast as my brain still says NO RICE for breakfast!)
Since we have been in Sing Buri we have been really busy - doing and seeing many thngs.
Monday we went for a walk around the local village with our guide - Oliver (he is cool but sometimes tricky to understand!) then we went for lunch at a restaurant and went back to eco house for Thai lnguiage lesson!!!! It was very hard - all sounds the same and I think all I remember how to say is hello!!
On Manday night the children from a local school came to perform traditiona;l thai dances for each which was really nice - they then gave us all flowers to out round our necks and got us up t dance with them!!!

Tuesday we went to the old capital of Thailand, Ayutthaya! it was a really lovely place. the best art of the day was getting to ride an Elephant!!! A bit touristy but had to be done!!
we also visited temples and an elephant village - where the elephants that work in the city live, there were some really cute baby elephants and some quite crazy pregnant ones!! they looked really well looked after and happy and were left to roam round!
In the evening we wemt on a river cruise for dinner - the food was yummy (and had meat in it!!) There was also people from the other eco houses there, and we could do karaoke!! I didn't!! but abbi and a few others sang bohemian rhapsody!!!
Thn we had a 2 hour drive back to the eco houses (on trucks!) arrived back about 10.30 - er tired. Breakfast here is at 8.00 and with 6people to use the bathroom we have to get up fairly early!

Today (Wednesday) we decided to be naughty and skip our second language lesson and head for the pool in the town instead!8 of us went and Oliver rang a truck to take and collect us!
This afternoon we have been to some temples, and monuments and now have free time in town til we go for a bbq dinner!

at the weekend a group of us rom our house are planning to go to some waterfalls and a temple were tigers are - Shoulkd be fun, as the weekends are free time! The Thai co-ordinators are really helpful and will arrnage everything for us!

I have forgotten my cameral lead - again!! but will try to pu some photos on when i remeber to bring it out with me!!

Will update agaun soon!!

Having a fab time!!

Love Claire xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb