Back in Thailand and burning some time


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Si Racha
June 18th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hello all though i would do another update although not too much to talk about this time.

Since my last post we have moved on from sieam reap and crossed the border back into Thailand. the route we took was straight along highway 6 to the border at poi pet. the ride to the border took a day and a half. The first leg was to Sisophon which was just over 100km and was straight into yet another terrible headwind. the ride was one road all the way which was very open and exposed which made it tough when the winds picked up at around 8am. that evening we managed to find a cgood guesthouse in the town which cost us $5 for a room. although later in the evening once we had been out and eaten in the town we discovered that it also had another side to the guesthouse and at the back it seemed to be ran as a brothel with even the local copper having look what was on the menu.

Any way after that guest house we set of at the usaual 6am to avoid the heat in the mid afternoon and set off firstly for the border at poi pet. the ride to the border was 50km and with a quick stop en route for a drink we got there around 9am. the border crossing then was not as smooth as the others. the first problem was that we have already got our visas from home and we have two 60 day entry visas to allow us enough time to travel round. the problem then came when they stamped adams passport only allowing him to stay for 15 days. This was not enough time for us so he then had to go get it sorted out. Then to add to the hassle anna was told she would then have to go to the doctor to make shore she wasnt ill. no idea why. after all of this we then crossed the border and cycled the 5 km or so to the nearest town where we managed to find a 7 eleven shop and actually get a drink that came out of a fridge for once. we carried on and cycled the other 50km into what was getting quite a strong heading into sa keao. on the way in we spotted a KFC so we stopped and had a dirty burger before finding a guesthouse for the night.

we ended up stopping at Sa Keao for 2 nights then pushed on to plaeng yao about 105km away where we stopped in 2 nice bungalow type things, just outside of the town. this was mostly flat getting there but the wind did once again start to pick up during the ride.

after this knowing we still had a lot of time to burn before we fly home we decide to do lots of shirt rides taking or time to eventualy end up at patayya. firstly we went to chon buri a small city where we stopped for a night. we got a hotel here which had a large ceiling fan. Adam decided to put his mosquito net up whilst the fan was at full speed and then managed to hit it with his head. resulting in a lot of blood and a large cut to his head. so the nest morning we had to go to the local hospital before leaving so they cound stitch it up.

we then cycled the massive (cough cough) 15km a whole 40 minutes toban saen. this is a small town on the coast where people from bangkok go at the weekends. we didnt manage to get on the beech though as it was a bit windy and the sea was rough.

After that we then went to Si Racha and stayed in a guest house which was on stilts over the sea. sounds good but put you off going in the sea as when you go to the bog and then flush it you here quite a load splash about 2 seconds after. never saw one float past though. The town was quite good and had a night market which seem to go on for ages. It even had a chinese man trying to sell his old sidi and northwave cycling shoes.

After this we cycled to patayya which is 28km away. was a bit of a horrible ride along a dual carrage way but after a few near misses we made it into town. although its dump and full of old men that cant walk to good with a girl about 20 hanging off there arm. and at the mo im still in patayya.

hmm a bit longer than planned. never mind see you all soon i get back on the 1st of july. so this could be the last update unless i get bored.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb