All Seasons Hotel ...... it couldn't come too soon.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Pattaya
January 15th 2008
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post







January 15th couldn’t come soon enough for us to move over to the “All Seasons” resort in the heart of Pattaya.
We decided to gift ourselves to an upgrade to an executive room ….. payment for sticking it out at the Sigma.




The All Seasons is known as a more business man’s hotel ...... and it REALLY SHOWED ....... from the well appointed room (fresh robes and slippers every day) ...... to the fabulous HOT, custom made omelettes for breakfast. Everywhere you looked there were fresh flowers uniquely arranged ...... a flower lover’s paradise.





Because we were in the heart of Pattaya and not on the tourist “beach strip” along the Jomtien coastline (although the beach was just a couple blocks away) we walked almost everywhere and ventured into spots that we hadn’t explored before.




Even though we weren’t “in” the tourist zone we weren’t that far from the Walking Street. It is the only one road opened for pedestrians during the nighttime, there are small shops selling handicrafts and various kinds of products along the street. This is a must for every visitor to Pattaya. If you want to see “weird” …. this is the place.









The Royal garden Plaza, Beach Road, was just a nice walk from our hotel. It probably is the most upscale Mall in Pattaya, attached to the Marriott Hotel.






The food court. as such, called “The Wave” is located on the top floor and is a great place to sample international food that you’re not familiar with, as they have pictures of many of the dishes….. and it’s cooked in front of you so you can watch the procedure.


Del was told the pictures are there because the “working girls” can’t read the menus and they would only take their men to the places that had pictures, so voila, pictures, and we love it!!!


Also on the third floor of the Royal Gardens is the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. It’s a display of a collection of curious objects from every corner of the world of Mr. Ripley’s. These extraordinary objects are divided into over 250 categories such as optional illusions, peculiar lifestyle of unusual people and devices of human torture from ancient time.





At the back of the plaza you can see a plane flying into the top floor of the Plaza.


Another place we “happened “upon as we were walking around the area of our hotel ….. (actually on the way to the Royal Garden Mall) … was “The Happy Buffet”. Not exactly impressive to look at but after adventuring a “go for it!!!” …we were pleasantly surprised.


We had been to the Diana Buffet which is widely advertised in travel mags, as being a “tucked away gem” ….. and we decided it doesn’t hold a candle to the “Happy” … … well, except for the name … that’s a little more impressive!!!!



Around the corner from our hotel we found another great second hand book store ….. Pattaya Beach Books (corner of 2nd and Central Pattaya, second floor) … which kept us well supplied for our lounging days at the hotel’s pool.





We were so surprised to see so many western books ( and I don’t mean cowboy ones) , “New York Times Best sellers”, left
The Chefs  at  The Wave ....  watch them cook The Chefs  at  The Wave ....  watch them cook The Chefs at The Wave .... watch them cook

..... notice the pictures of the food
behind from tourists when they’ve left for home. Their loss … our gain  !!









Around the corner from our hotel we found another great second hand book store ….. Pattaya Beach Books (corner of 2nd and Central Pattaya, second floor) … which kept us well supplied for our lounging days at the hotel’s pool.



We were so surprised to see so many western books ( and I don’t mean cowboy ones) , “New York Times Best sellers”, left behind from tourists when they’ve left for home. Their loss … our gain  !!




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Pattaya Beach Books Pattaya Beach Books
Pattaya Beach Books

A great place to find top sellers from the west ..... second hand ... but ... CHEAP !!!!
The Happy Buffet  The Happy Buffet
The Happy Buffet

A "hole in the wall" really ... but , the food was GREAT.
A sculpture outside the movie theater showing Preditor vs Aliens movie.   A sculpture outside the movie theater showing Preditor vs Aliens movie.
A sculpture outside the movie theater showing Preditor vs Aliens movie.

We didn't go to see the movie .... but this sculpture sure was impressive !!!!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb