Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
March 5th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after a brilliant time at coastal Cambodia, we were unsure where to spend our last week travelling......

Do we stay where we are or risk going somewhere and finishing the trip on low :-(

So we opted for Koh Chang many other people we had spoken to had mentioned how nice it was so we thought we would try.. And what a good decision, the last week of our trip ended up being our favourite place!!!

There was sooooo much to do for all ages, we stayed at a nice family run set of bungalows called BaBaBooBoo, ful of Germans but they were friendly enough.

We ate fantastic food at the Hungry Elephant, we saw fantastic fire shows on the beach at the Apache bar and smoked the shish pipe on the beach in the evening whilst listening to a live band, that by the way took requests and sang us our wedding song was perfect.

We hired a bike the whole time we were here and it was a loverly island to ride around. The commercial side was busy but on the other side was where the locals lived and this was beautiful, breath taking infact, crystal clear water and sun traps.

We came across a place called the Funky Huts and what a place, a bit out of our price range but still great value. We never stayed here but it was a secluded beach and a nice pool and a really nice South African owned it.

There was too many restuarants to count, there were themed bars, beach bars, hilltop bars, tree house bars it was amazing. We spent a day travelling to find a place called Lonely Beach and it was hard work NO ROAD as such but oh so worth it when we arrived, we had the beach to ourselves and this was an amazing beach!!!

I (Karen) done a days Thai Cooking Course and learnt to make authentic Pad Thai and Massaman Curry, and Tom Yam (soup) and Sticky rice and mango. Was only £25 for the day and was in a loverly setting overlooking a lagoon that was covered with huts and hammocks etc and a local fishing man doing some crabing.

We also hired a Kayak for the day and decided to head to what looked like a nearby Island, we should of taking the hint when a local said its far away LOL... it took us 2 hours to get there and it was really hard work, I had blisters on my hands.. but when we reached the island it was empty, we pulled the kayak up and Karen sunbathed on it whilst Jamie went around the island snorkeling. We didnt get very long here as the currant was getting heavy and as it was nearly 2 hours back we thought we better be safe... Then Jamie decides he wants to head around another island on the way back... we were knackered! But was GREAT FUN.

Koh Chang is the one place I would go back to for a prober holiday, with a bit more spending money there was so many options for days out and activities, recommend for anyone with Kids whom might get bored.

We also done the typical tourist thing and got Tattoos, but we were not drunk and a lot of thought went into them. I had a memorial tattoo for my sister Paula done on here birthday March 8th and Jamie had one with his kids names on. We were both chuffed with them.

Its just a shame we are reaching the end of our trip, but we plan to return to Koh Chang for a holiday Jan/Feb next year.

Thats all from us we hope you enjoyed following our trip with us.

Karen & Jamie


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb