Vientiane - Ko Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After tubing, we got on a coach to Vientiane, which is the capital of Laos and stayed there for a couple of nights. It was ok, there wasn't very much to do and it was obscenely hot, so we decided to get to the beach as quick as we could. And so started our monster journey to Ko Chang.

We got up early and crossed the border back into Thailand to Nong Khai. We booked our train tickets, then had a few hours to wait around so we went to a mad sculpture park which was lots of fun. I got some amazing pictures, basically this man decided that the whole point of his life was to build statues, he didn't know how to make them or what to make them so he had a look in some books and came up with a crazy fusion of buddhist and hindu sculptures. And they're massive!

We got on the train which took 12 hours to get to Bangkok. We got a sleeper train so a man comes round and makes up beds for you, I had the bottom bunk which is the best. It was like a proper bed! So comfy, I fell asleep straight away and got woken up by the man because we had arrived in Bangkok! We got off the train and got straight onto the metro (subway), then we had to get on the skytrain to the bus station. We got there and booked the bus tickets and had to wait 2 hours, so we had a mcdonalds in Bangkok. Then we had to run back to the bus station because I needed a poo (I had the s**ts) and there was no toilet in McDonalds. Luckily we made it.

Then we had a 5 hour bus journey to the pier, then an hour on the boat, then we got a taxi to Lonely beach. Looooooooooooong! But now we are here, we are going to spend a week here just relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea. Ace.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb