Easing in at Elephant Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

P1010461P1010461P1010461

Our first Thai meal....6 days in!!
Arrived in Koh Chang (Elephant Island) on Thurs 25th Sept. As journeys go, it wasn't too arduous, with a bus journey from Bangkok to Trat for 6 hours then the ferry to Koh Chang which takes about an hour. We are staying at the Koh Chang Kacha Resort - nice pool and beach and brekkie included in cost.
Had our first Thai meal of the trip (yes, we know its sad . . ) and instantly regretted it as the Thai belly hit us both with vigour!!
Koh Chang very quiet at present as low season. We are staying in the White Sands area which is the liveliest but not much action here either. However, its probably a good thing seeing as we both seem to be coming down with various ailments as part of the usual introduction to thai living, i.e., dicky stomach, sore bums and bites that swell the limbs to elephant proportions. Ah well.
Weather has been bit temperamental, raining on and off with bright spells but the heat is still enough to cause 'el collapo' by 5pm!
Checked out parts of the island including Chai Chet and Lonely Beach - not much to report about either as
P1010460P1010460P1010460

Outside our resort
very quiet but Kai Bae was busier and we had a meal in a restaurant called 'Friends'.
Last night we had a little bit of England (well, Ireland actually) by sampling the sunday roast dinner at 'Paddy's Palms', tho we thought our stomachs probably weren't up to trying the cider. Sorry Trude.
Anyway, folks, thats all for today. Still not mastered how to upload the photos but promise to keep trying so you can have something to laugh at as well as reading Tolstoy here!
Love you longtime, Bec and Geen XXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

P1010464P1010464
P1010464

Paddy Palms Irish Bar


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb