The Greatest Internet Cafe in Southeast Asia


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 28th 2006
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm writing this particular entry because myself and an Englishman named Rob decided that this place has to make it into the guidebooks or something.

I've been all over Bangkok and the suburbs and through the North and through Laos. It sounds like Rob's been to this area a few more times than i and seen quite a bit more. We both agree that this is the best internet cafe we've been able to find.

The place is quietly tucked-away on Soi Rambuttri, a block or two away from the bustling Khao San Road. So, it's never too busy and the price is good. It isn't the absolute cheapest place in the area, but the cheap ones are quite slow and unreliable. It is cheaper than most of these places, which is fantastic because it really is the fastest I've found, with the nicest keyboards and mice--all matching equipment--and little meters like the ones from a laundromat that you feed every fifteen minutes, so you're always on top of exactly how much you're spending. The air-conditioning is gentle doesn't overwhelm you--they keep most of these places like meat lockers--and the place is quiet as a library. They also have very inexpensive international calls in the back.

The name of the place is, "Internet 2 Zone," and you should really search it out if you're gonna be around the Khao San Road area of Bangkok.

It would be even greater if they gave me a t-shirt or something for the plug...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th October 2006

It's the Little Things
Amazing how appreciated a good internet cafe really is when you're on the road. Thanks for the advice.
29th October 2006

Great tip!!!
I'm heading to Bangkok in a couple of days, and definitely appreciate tips on hot internet cafes. Gotta keep my travelblog updated, right! I'll return the favour and let you in on "Home.Cafe" on Glebe Point Rd. in Sydney, Australia. It's awesome. Great coffee, great computers, and internet for $1 every 1/2 hour, which is the cheapest non-hostel internet we've come across. Tell your friends!
31st October 2006

click on something to send photos
Nick, I have been eagerly following your blog and have enjoyed comments and pictures but the ones from entrybefore Oct. 30 would not appear. This could be my laptop or something else, the titles all appeared. I really liked the picture of the baby monkey. The tiger tamer sounds fascinating. Hope she doesn't keep them as pets. Glad to see you tred new paths. take care. Katie was in CNN news. Take care Karen

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb