Safari World Zoo


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 8th 2011
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

CamelsCamelsCamels

Bangkok Zoo. The following pictures are from the Open Range Section (until noted)
Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Today was the final day of our Asian adventure. Whilst it started terribly, it ended up being one of the best. The plan today was a tour to Bangkok Safari World Zoo. We woke at 6am, not knowing what time pickup was, having received no confirmation call or email from our booking days earlier.
Even having called the company the day before, they seemed unsure. Eventually, they contacted us at breakfast, and after several delays, managed to organise a pick up for us around 9am.
It was a great day from there. It was a private tour, taking us to Safari World (about 45minutes outside of Bangkok), taking us around the zoo, lunch included, and then a trip home via the jewellery factory.
This was an awesome zoo! Part one was a drive in our own vehicle through an open-range zoo where the animals roamed free. There was plenty to see and they all looked healthy and happy; cranes, pelicans, deer, lions, tigers, rhinos, buffalo, bears and more.
We then explored the rest of the park on foot, attending several shows including: Seal show, Elephant show, Dolphin show & Bird show. These were all awesome, its incredible to see how intelligent some of the animals are and what they're capable of.
I've been to alot of zoos and animal related experiences over the years, but this was about the best animal interaction i've ever had. Elephants painted us a picture, we rode elephants, were picked up in elephant trunks, fed elephants, petted elephants, twice hand fed and petted giraffes, and even hand fed lemurs! It was an awesome day.
Finally, we enjoyed one last swim at the Holiday Inn pool at night, and then back to the top of Lebua for our 'complimentary cocktails' at the Dome. We then ordered room service, dragged all our food out onto the balcony and enjoyed our own private dinner under the stars with a great view of Bangkok!



Additional photos below
Photos: 109, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Feeding TimeFeeding Time
Feeding Time

For the lions
TigersTigers
Tigers

All the animals here seemed so happy and healthy
Nat & Kris @ Safari WorldNat & Kris @ Safari World
Nat & Kris @ Safari World

Bangkok. From now on, walking section/ shows.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb