Bangkok on a rainy day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 22nd 2015
Published: October 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

DSC03936DSC03936DSC03936

Lunch at Sala Thai
Thursday

As a rough guide for those interested in working out prices, there are roughly 55 Thai Baht to the Pound at the moment.

We woke a little earlier today, but not much. We both had a slightly unsettled night and are not adjusted fully to the different time zone yet.

Like yesterday we got a take away coffee from the hotel and booked on the 11.30 river boat to the Central pier.

We purchased an all day pass for TB 200 again. Our original plan changed a few times on the boat as the rain came down really heavily, so we decided to visit the River Walk Mall.

First stop Starbucks! Also like yesterday we had coffee with a ham & cheese croissant. Then a wander round, popped into Boots the chemist - Yes, our Boots the chemist!

Lots of touristy places with pretty things. The rain had deluged the local streets and the water came above ankle height. The rain calmed down and we had finished looking at anything we might have wanted to see, so decided to hop on a boat and go to the River City Mall.

After 10 minutes
DSC03931DSC03931DSC03931

The rain at River walk
our boat came along and two stops back and we were there. There were some incredible Arts and Antiques shops you would easily have spent a small fortune.

Because of the uncertainty with the weather we decided to eat our main meal here and now, so we could if wanted just go back to hotel and finish for the day.

We found a likely looking place called Sala Thai and had Pad Thai, Pork green curry wth rice, stir fried vegetables and mixed fruit for dessert. It was delicious and the bill including drinks was TB 1320.

We left the Mall and walked around the local area for a while, which was interesting, but decided we had had enough for the time being and to return back to the hotel.

We returned on the river ferry at just after 4 pm, back to the Central pier, only had a short wait for the hotel boat and were back in the room by 4.20 pm.

7 o'clock we were back out again and the rain was holding off. We headed left at the main road instead of right just to see what was about at first,
DSC03941DSC03941DSC03941

The hotel river boat
but then headed off to the Asiatique Mall. We ambled around looking at things for a while, then stopped for a drink at a bar restaurant called Brew. Pat had a Chang beer and I had an Est, a sugar free fizzy drink like coke zero, cost TB 209.

I was in the mood for a sugar hit so we got a take away blueberry muffin and an orange brownie from Au Bon Pain, and some water from the 7 Eleven returning to the room at 9 o'clock.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb