weds day 173


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 11th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It really does feel like a breath of fresh air being back in Thailand after travelling through Vietnam for the previous month. Thai people come across as being more friendly, less aggressive and less pushy than the Vietnamese. The country - even in Bangkok - feels more friendly - you can cross the roads when there's a zebra crossing and the green man is telling you its safe to do so! with out half a dozen scooter riders coming at you from the left and right! The pavements are left for the purpose they are there in the first place - to seperate pedestrians from traffic - rather than having to dodge everything the whole time! And generally the Thai language is spoken in a much softer tone - rather than it sounding like people are arguing and shouting at each other the whole time. Dont get me wrong vietnam was a very interesting country to travel through and these are just differences that im not used to, but for me one month was enough. After enjoying a lazy lay in i headed out for a spot of late breakfast/early lunch before hitting the shops again! stopping off now and again for a fruit shake - its hot work - shopping - in 36 degree heat! Buying a few bits but thinking to wait till im back with Wan to go to Thai peoples markets - being a lot cheaper still than tourist markets i went to visit a temple instead! Having a bit of a look around but def feeling a little templed out i stopped at a restaurant for some dinner. Having a Masaman curry it was delicious and with Khao San and adjacent roads coming alive at night i had another walk around before heading back via a 7/11 - of course - to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.3263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb