The end of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 30th 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Golden statueGolden statueGolden statue

Bangkok Grand Palace
This is the last blog in Thailand before we leave for Bali in 3 days. We went to the grand palace today on a Tuk Tuk. I wouldn't recommend the Tuk Tuks to anyone. Instead of taking us to the palace they took us to a gem selling factory and tried to con us into buying some. Apparently these gems are worth twice as much in other countries but if thats true why don't the Thais do it? The only problem with Bangkok is the Thais who live here- especially around Khao San road. Eventually we got to the Grand Palace which wasn't that grand. Spent a couple of hours looking around and got a few photos.

The best things we have done in Thailand is learning to dive in Koh Tao, chilling out on Koh Phi Phi and trekking through the rainforest in Kho Sok.
Things that didn't live up to expectation was the full moon party on Koh Phangan, the 'beach' near Phi Phi and Gumps money saving. Koh samui is ok for a lads 2 week holiday but not much else.

Thailand was a lot more expensive than we all first thought and we've all gone over budget, hopefully Bali's going to be a bit cheaper.

Ta- Ta


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb