We've arrived!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 29th 2014
Published: July 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ramada hotel, BangkokRamada hotel, BangkokRamada hotel, Bangkok

Lazing by the pool
So we got here all in one piece!! Many, many hours later... (Worked out at over the 24 hrs before we got to bed!)

Bangkok- what a place! Arriving into such a mad and busy city while jet lagged and trying to take everything in has been mad.

After arrival we made our way down to the taxi area where we were quickly directed towards a man who was going to take us. It was one of those moments where as we sat in and we were just looking at each other... Thinking what on earth have we got into?!The (40/50ish old) mans taxi was green and yellow with eagles tattooed onto the paint work, he has clearly had someone do a DIY sports job on his older car with his over sized spoiler attached on. As we sat inside it was bling mania. Seats were covered in a furry leopard print cover, with gold religious statues across the dash board and beads hanging from the mirror. We emerged into the 7 lanes of chaotic traffic, to the sound of this man singing love songs to us in his loudest singing voice..... My only fear at that stage was that Sean would get caught with his head down laughing by the taxi man looking in his rear mirror.

So far today we have only been sleeping by the pool and been out to eat. We are getting the train to a different part of the city tonight to have a look around. Tomorrow we are planning on going to the floating markets which I am looking forward to, and also having a trip around some of the main temples.
So far so good- really enjoying it!

Advertisement



30th July 2014

Enjoy !
Hey you two crazy kids !!!!! Have a ball and keep us all updated here xxxxx
30th July 2014

Safe travels!!!!
You're a better woman than I am with the blog writing!! Can't wait to read more, and please, keep us updated on those pimped out taxis!! ;-) Hope your both having an amazing time, enjoy the break, love from India! x

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb