Bye manchester hello adventure times.. 1st stop Bangkok 1st-3rd Oct


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 8th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safely and enjoyed a private and terrifying journey to the hotel. The drivers in Bangkok are insaneeee! And must know the dimensions of their vehicles down to the millimetre! Haha.

The first thing to make an impression was just how cramped the city is.. And it continued to amaze us, shops and stalls and people and vehicles and buildings and self built homes covering every inch!

We took a tuk tuk ride, saw the golden mountain, a big gold Buddha (happy chappy) and ate delicious food at delicious prices. Mark also tried on a silk mans dressing gown, the salesman failed to persuade him to buy, but I got a piccie. Later in the evening dining in the street surrounded by lanterns with carts and mopeds flying past we felt far too at home far too quickly! This was all on 2 hrs sleep and a lot of adrenaline and for some reason we booked a trip for 7am the next day, gotta be done! So off to the floating markets for trinkets and more food.. Well worth the early rise! They also took us on a boat past the homes of the market sellers, huge houses built on the river on stilts. Such an experience.

On Wed we booked a flight for the next day to Chiang mai and a return coach to Bangkok for Sunday night. Easy stuff!

Oh and we got caught in a tropical thunderstorm, never heard it so loud or seen rain like this, still boiling the whole time though.

Love to everyone back home,

Vicky and Mark xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb