Another Bangkok Pitstop


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 21st 2012
Published: December 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After struggling to find cheap accommodation near the Khao San Road the last time we were passing through Bangkok, we did a bit of research this time round, and managed to get an amazing deal on a 5 star hotel suite in an area famed for it's big plush hotels, night market and, erm, red light district. Having just arrived from the very conservative India, it felt like a bit of a culture shock, as we visited the night market and were approached by countless men and scantily clad women trying to convince us that we needed to visit a sex show. Bob was curious, but we decided that some good food and a foot massage was probably the better option.

Back at the hotel, it was a case of 'what a difference a day makes', as we had a sparkly bathroom, fluffy towels and dressing gown, climate control and snuggly duvets. We also had our own kitchen complete with full cooking facilities and washing machine, so we had a very contented night in, with pizza, beers and films whilst we did all of our own washing and hung it to dry on the balcony. Wanting to make full use of the facilites, Emma went to the gym and realised that she won't be running a marathon anytime soon, and we spent some time lying by the rooftop pool as the sun went down, reading and relaxing.

Chris and Emma have both been commenting on just how grubby Bob's been getting, but he's never been a sheep that's fond of being dipped, however what with our rather plush facilities, we did manage to bribe him to have a bath and now, even though he probably wouldn't ever admit it, he's looking like a new ram.

After checking out, and having not been to a temple in South-East Asia for while, we headed out to Wat Pho, a rather beautiful temple complex recently visited by President Obama (if it's good enough for him...), where we got our fill of ornate temples and Buddha's in various poses, before rushing back to pick up our bags and head to the airport for our overnight flight to Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb