Bistari, Bistari..... A first trip through the Annapurnas


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 7th 2012
Published: May 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So the big day is here, we fly out with Thai Airways; Perth to Bangkok, transit night in Bangkok, Bangkok to Kathmandu on the 8/3. We are to be met by an agent for Sprit of the Himalayas and taken to Tings Tea lounge in Lazimpat.

First of all the packing. I, like probably everyone else, have all of my stuff spread out (neatly) on the bed with the bag next to it. It is seemingly impossible that all of "that" will fit in "this". I perservere.....

Off to Perth International Airport. Normally 15 minutes, today 40 mins- gotta love roadworks. Say goodbye to husband, meet Mary (friend, walking buddy, fellow bookclubber and now trekking partner extrordinaire). Wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Cool birthday present!

Get on Thai flight, arrive in Bangkok 6 hours later. Smooth flight, good service, good food, 3 movies. We are just a little excited.

Exit BKK customs and immigration, luggage arrives, person with sign is waiting for us. So far, so good. Off we go to the Lilac Hotel.

http://www.lilac-suvarnabhumi.com/

It is now midnight. The drive has taken about 20 minutes and we check into a very sweet twin room with full fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, WIFI and breakfast included (Bahts 1850) . There is a birthday cake on the bed! Happy Birthday Mary!

Eat cake, drink tea at 0100, that allows about 5 hours sleep before return trip to airport for the flight to Kathmandu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb