Floating Markets


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 31st 2006
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we organised a half day tour, which ended up taking up most of the day. To the floating markets.

It was about 1.5hrs outside the city. When we reached the canal we were taken by boat, a canoe thing with a small motorised paddle. pretty weird.

Alot of people live on the side of the canal. Its pretty dirty stuff.

The Market once it got going was crazy. About the size of a normal road with heaps of these canoe boats pushing there way thru there bumping into each other. and along the sides were boats sellling there goods. If you looked somewhat interested the would reach out and pull your boat towards theirs. You had to just look the other way so they would let you go. I think me and kelly got quiet ripped off here, i'm talking a mere few dollars, but you really did get carried away with the bartering thing.

This day was quiet interesting with talking to other people on your tour and what they had been upto. Amazing amount of young people who are crazy enough to travel around the world by themselves.

Then We went to Papong Night market. Talk about Eye opener some very strange bars there, enough said.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb