Arrival


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 28th 2006
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A terrible start was kelly nearly missing her connection at Auckland airport due to the thick fog that covered the Crusaders final the night before, it had hung around in christchurch till the next morning. All domestic flights had been cancelled. My plane was ok as an international connection. Luckly she pursadered the Air NZ staff to let her on to the only flight leaving and that was to Wellington with the Hurricanes. (lucky for some) However, on this flight someone decided to faint and all hell broke loose. In the end her thai airways flight waited 15mins for her.

We both arrived at Bangkok Airport at the same time luckly. Customs there is reasonably tight with they taking a photo of you and everything, however no one cared what you brought into the country. Boy was it super hot. Humid and sticky. We lined up for a taxi that took about 20mins. The taxi driver didnt' speak a word of english and he had no idea where our hotel was. Great start. He kept giving us his radio to talk to the operator to figer out where it was lucky i had the address. Finaly got to our hotel. Pretty Average however we were only paying $20.00 and it was practically oposite MBK. Definitly worth staying close to the malls.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb