A little bit tipsy!!! Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 29th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I am writing this one a little bit tipsy.... it is 1.30am and we have just gotten back from drinks on on the Sky Bar WOW is all I can say the view is breath taking and the drinks are not too bad either 😊

It is fab up there though, they had a live band playing and it is warm but there is a really nice breeze too so you can breath not like when you are on the streets of Bangkok all hot n sticky, trying to deal with the smells 😞

So the start....I slept like a baby last night (surprise, surprise), G not so much she was up all night on her phone! Anyway we got up this morning at 8.30 am and went down for breakfast. Breakfast is an experience all on its own, who knew you could have sliders (mini burgers) for brekkie, sushi I can understand but hamburgers??? Well regardless we stuffed our faces and were hatching food babies by the end of it!

After that we headed out decided to hit the Khao San Road, not so sure what all the hype is about, granted it was midday when we were there but lets just say glad we are staying in our bit of luxury for the few days.

So after walking the Khao San Road twice (we also stopped in a bar and ordered 2 juices, this is was a big step for me n G) we wanted to go to the MBK centre for a bit of retail therapy, however the after stopping about 5 taxis who wouldn't take us there "because of traffic", more like because I wanted them to put the meter on, we decided fcuk that for a game of soilders and bus it! So we figure out which bus took us there and got it...public transport US..who knew. But for 7 baht (about 5c) who was complaining and it was a good way to see how the Thai do things (they are mental drivers, and yes this is coming from me Lilis!)

So got the the Siam Centre and the MBK centre, again don't know what all the fuss was about the Siam Centre was a bit swish, kinda like Dundrum but the MBK was like Northside Shopping centre but 100 times bigger and a million times busier, not somewhere you want to spend much time (Sorry Amy :/ )

After walking off the last months worth of food (we fit in our clothes again woohoo) we were like "there is the skytrain, we can totally get that home!" and we did for a grand total of 30 Baht each, bargain much better the Dublin transport anyday of the week.

After a much needed shower (and nap for Rosie) we ventured out once more for dinner. Mine was lovely but G got chicken with peanut and potato but it was a chicken leg so she wouldn't eat it, didn't look very appetising anyway.

So at this stage G and I are like an old married couple with nothing left to say (it's only day 2, fcuked.com) she says its tiredness I think she is in denial pmsl hehehe

after din dins it was to the drinks mobil aka the Skybar in our hotel, again words cannot describe so we took some sneaky pics but they don't even do it justice! After some really nice cocktails (a Hangovertini specially concocted for the film), that cost an arm and a leg (so much for slumming it :/) we just chilled on the roof on these bed like chairs but then these Ozy dudes were trying to chat up the girls beside us and we were either going to brake our shit laughing or vomit so we had to skidadle out of there, one of the chat up lines was "I was walking around in my boxers for two hours after ward, I was just so sweaty!" I shit you not people).

Any who me thinks it is time for bed before I raid the mini bar...

Night all and Happy Bank Holiday Friday

Rosie xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

CocktailsCocktails
Cocktails

Mojito & Hangovertini from Debbie :) at the Skybar of the Lebua
View of BangkokView of Bangkok
View of Bangkok

from the 64th floor :)
CocktailsCocktails
Cocktails

Mojito & Hangovertini from Debbie :) at the Skybar of the Lebua
View of BangkokView of Bangkok
View of Bangkok

from the 64th floor :)


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb