Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Greetings All!

From Bangkok, Thailand.

We all arrived safe and sound after a long flight!

The weather has been mostly overcast with thunderstorms everyday! But the heat is upwards of 30 degrees and can be quite humid so it took some getting used to. Our hotel is very nice and is situated near a busy market strip full of stalls. Picture Moore street times 100 and that will give you an accurate picture. The hotel is also beside the main river which has tourist boats coming and going all day long.

Yesterday we took our first Tuk Tuk (a fun experience which places you right in the thick of the traffic!) to see the 'Giant and Lucky Buddhas'. These are temples where the locals go to pray. Amazing places the buildings and the colours were lovely. As a mark of respect you must remove your shoes when entering these Temples, it was quite strange walking around barefoot!

Today we decided to take another Tuk Tuk (there really is no better way to travel!) and we went to Chinatown. We stumbled across a 200 year old temple that was situated right beside a hospital. From here we saw another Temple where the more famous Golden Buddha is. This was a beautiful place, gold was everywhere! It was great fun to get 'lost' in the middle of Chinatown, weaving through the crowds and stopping at several market stalls. We even tried our hand and some haggling. What I liked the most was that there was very few tourists so it was more authentic.

All in all the last couple of days have been tiring but really amazing at the same time. The culture, the people and the experience is like nothing I have encountered before! We are checking out of our hotel on Tuesday so goodbye to luxury for now. Although we have booked a two night trip that will take us to see the floating market, tiger temple and the River Kwai Bridge! The schedule sounds amazing!

I will keep you posted soon.


Till then..

-Jen, Euchs and Marianne! X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb