THAILAND - REALLY AMAZING!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 22nd 2011
Published: April 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

A FULL SERVICEA FULL SERVICEA FULL SERVICE

You can get ANYTHING serviced in Thailand!
My God I LOVE this country! Not just for its great food, stunning scenery (and stunning women!), beaches, warm weather, vibrant culture, tolerance and Buddhist calmness, but for its SHEER STUPIDITY!

Hold on, stand back and wait for the outrage, especially from the occasional visitors who live elsewhere, subscribe to the Bangkok Post newspaper on the 'Net and visit once in a while to stay at a 5-star resort. Get real folks, Thailand, as one writer said, is a place where you can see more stupidity in a day than you can in a month anywhere else and certainly more than is good for you.

I won't go on about the driving habits that slaughter more people in a year than a small war. When they introduced crash helmets for motorcyclists here (some years ago) there was huge opposition on the grounds that it was a ploy by the authorities so that they wouldn't have to clean brains off the road. I'm serious. More recently a 16 year-old driving a Porsche (a gift from doting parents) nailed a pedestrian who was cut in half, drove several kilometres with half the body on the passenger's seat, took a taxi home and told the cops the car had been stolen. They believed him.

No, I'll focus a little on politics and then on what has got EVERYONE excited here (one way or another) which is the spectacle of three teenage girls dancing on top of a car - topless. SHOCK, HORROR, a nation aghast at such licentiousness.

The politics is the easy bit because Thai politics is essentially simple (bear in mind I live here and I have to be a bit circumspect by how I refer to certain persons). The key thing to know is that the Red Shirts (who destroyed my favourite shopping area last year) and the Yellow Shirts (who took over the international airport) and all the other colours of the rainbow are merely puppets. All good folks, all bought and paid for.

The real power brokers behind the scenes are jockeying for position. The stakes are so high that those in the competition could care less if their puppets burn down the main shopping malls, wreck the airport, push the economy into recession and crash the tourist industry on which so many Thai people depend and kill a few hundred into the bargain.

That's the entire nine yards and all you need to know about Thai politics. Stupid, power-hungry people (on both sides) gone mad to the point that they care less about The Kingdom which for years as been an example for the world.

The next bit of crass stupidity concerns the border dispute with Cambodia. Fighting has been sporadic for months over some ancient temples and very small pieces of land. The Khmer (probably rightly and certainly supported by judgements in international courts) claim the land (a few square kilometres. Thailand, a massive economy with great international prestige says otherwise. The fighting drives away the local people and destroys the remains of the temples.

Result!

Oh, add in the likelihood of a coup with armoured vehicles on the streets of Bangkok as something everyone's talking about. Great for tourism.

Which brings us to these young girls and the OMG so shocking (to certain officials) sight of three nubile girls removing their tops and dancing on a car roof during the recent Songkhran Festival. Not only did the Ministry of Culture (or whatever it is) issue statements threatening all kinds of dire retribution, but it changed its Home Page.... which had in pride of place a beautiful painting of three topless Thai women dressed below the waist in traditional costume - you have to understand that Thai women historically went bare-breasted - thus making complete and utter idiots of themselves worldwide.

Not to mention, of course, the fact that a significant part of the Bangkok economy depends absolutely on the possibility that if you want to you can find bare tits (and other bits and pieces) ALL AROUND in the dance clubs and night spots. Stupidity and hypocrisy combined in one delightful package.

Which is why us old hands shake our heads and say "This is Thailand"... or rather appositely, TIT😊

Cheers!












Advertisement



22nd April 2011

Wooohoo!
I'd like to have such tits service here in my country - Ukraine
22nd April 2011

Brilliant blog! When I saw the first photo, I was surprised, because I thought this was going to be a blog about a yobbish night at a girly bar, and was surprised that you would write such a blog.
23rd April 2011

Too bad ....
You had to make to page PG ... those look like some lovely ladies!
23rd April 2011

THANKS
For all those comments! I've been know to have a "yobbish night" out or two, but hopefully having reached my age one can see a little past the surface. Thailand is a great country and I hate seeing it portrayed just as a sex destination - read my posts on Buddhism - and making a clown of itself via idiotic politicians. All said, the odd things the locals get up to can be pretty funny - or appalling - depending on how you see them.
5th May 2011

How much?
This story about Thailand is really amazing)))) Visit Ukraine sometime) I will show you everything!
18th October 2011

Thailand is famous in world about for culture and beaches, warm weather, vibrant culture, tolerance and Buddhist calmness, but for its SHEER STUPIDITY!
18th October 2011

Thailand.....
Well, Thailand is ranked 35 in the World Economic Forum rankings...... QUOTE: "Thailand is famous in world about for culture and beaches, warm weather, vibrant culture, tolerance and Buddhist calmness, but for its SHEER STUPIDITY! narthan@gmail.com" So not really so stupid after all...never colonised..... doing well economically, solving their political issues, cleaned up Bangkok - shopping is the best in Asia - coping with the floods....... But I have to agree that the rice policy and free tablet PCs for kids, subsidised cars for first-time owners etc... does test one's patience. The Thai are generally pragmatists but their government's policies sometimes make you wonder.

Tot: 0.46s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 142; dbt: 0.3372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb