Arriving in SE Asia (Bangkok)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 15th 2011
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Apparently, there's a pretty big festival on...



Well there's nothing like a bit of preparation. Very much on the school of thought that as we've been before, we don't need to do much research, we somwhow have stumbled upon Bangkok during the Songkran festival, formerly known as Thai Traditional New Years.

Essentially, this means big parties, water fights and a lot of mud/paste/paint/etc.

So we arrived fairly last night. We're staying at a quirky, but friendly hotel called Phranakorn Nornlen, about a ten minute walk to Kho San Road.



Heading straight in the direction of the Roof bar, although stopping off en route for some food, we were pleased to see the entertainment was the same guitarist/singer that was here last October. The music was indie and played with energy and charisma. The place was packed (as always), and becuase of the festival, was filled with water pistols. Cue chaos, beers and getting very wet.

In typical fashion (they get everywhere), RD runs into a girl from Moseley. She identifies him thanks to his Brummie accent!

Today, it seems my body is still on UK time, so I got up early afternoon. It's blazingly hot (34 degrees if you believe my phone), so chilling out with a few drinks - of water (yes really).

A very enjoyable start to the trip.

RP & RD.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb