Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 31st 2011
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Bangkok after a 17hr bus journey at 4am we where really lucky to stumble upon our guest house just off the Koh San Road.It was a real travellers paradise, 24hr bar and restaurant we thought we were in heaven. So we checked in, had a beer then crashed out in bed.

Bangkok is great, we both loved the place. The people are really friendly and helpful as we found on our first day when a Thai lady stopped us in the street and after a good humoured conversation explained that it was a Buddhist holiday and arranged a tour of the city sights for us with a tuk tuk driver at a very discounted rate (around 50p). So we went off and toured the city seen the temples and Buddhas and got got back looking forward the experiencing the atmosphere of the Koh San Road.

Kon San Road is the main backpacking area of Bangkok, it is an experience to say the least. You can buy anything on the street from a fake driving licence to deep fried cockroaches. The atmosphere is 100%. The road is littered with bars and market stalls and makes for a few interesting nights. On our last night we had a fish foot spa which consisted of dipping our feet into a pool of small fish and letting them nibble away and eat all the dry skin of your feet. It's a very strange feeling and hard to try and keep a straight face.

After 3 nights in Bangkok we decided to change our route and head straight into Cambodia. We where both a little apprehensive as it was somewhat of the unknown for us but it was definitely a decision that we wouldn't regret.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

In the Fish SpaIn the Fish Spa
In the Fish Spa

Guess whos feet
Fish SpaFish Spa
Fish Spa

Michelles' feet where that stinking the fish wouldn't even touch them


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb