Bangkok Once Again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 27th 2006
Published: April 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm back. For those of you who haven't been subjected to one of these before, or haven't had to endure countless previous tales, i've been to Bangkok a few times before. And like those previous occasions i'm rather enjoying myself at the mo, and would like to stay longer. Bangkok, despite being a hustling, bustling sort of place, is still very relaxed, a la the rest of Thailand. Taxi drivers will still often take you to the wrong place (usually a gemstore of some description), and the heat has been up around and above 40 degrees, but all is still well. The city specialises in food, shopping, and gigantic buddhist edifices. Prostitution and crime are also significant sidelines (if you're into that kind of thing).

My experience this time has been similar to those I have had before, with the added bonus of a slightly nicer hotel and the company of Abbie, Brooke, and Ric. Our adventures have been fairly tame by the standards set on a previous trip to India, buts that alright, its probably a good way to ease into what is going to be a two month jaunt, mainly across the cities of Europa. I have bought and had tailored the good part of a new wardrobe, eaten a lot of Pad Thai, Massaman curry, and croissants (curry for breakfast is the province of the locals and Ric who is slightly mad and cannot read a map). I have seen at least 400 hundred buddhas, including one of the 400 hundred foot long reclining variety. Ayuthaya, a world heritage sire not so far North of Bangkok, was vistied yesterday, cue more buddhas and facinitating, crumbling ruins (I love ruins as they're often more interesting/ revealing than the well preserved palace museums which sometimes strike me as kinda contrived). Today has been spent finishing shopping and tidying loose ends, before a flight to London tomorrow. More then I guess.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb