still going strong


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 11th 2010
Published: December 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

aha, just discovered that my last blog from New Zealand does not seem to have made it to the big screen, which means i shall have even more trouble rememebering where we went!
ok shall try and remember
on teh last blog we were still in north island i think and had been to the mighty geysers of Roturura ( thats what they said in the marketing) geysers there were, but mighty they were not! and mud pools which are obvioulsy just mud pools but when only a couple of metres across, they tend to be really underwhelming and even with na couple of bubbles the overall eggy smell and lack of action made the 48 dollar entrance fee a bit of a bummer.
from roturua we went to napier because Andy ( our thrird travelling companion) has an interest in 1930's art deco architecture (yawn) so wow two hours there inc lunch on the beach was well worth teh 3million mile detour!
from there we went down to wellington and the eventual ferry crossing to south island. whilst north island had great scenery and was good fun, nothing compares to the splendour of sailing down the sound to Picton.
noy having the map in front of me and having done 6000k on teh islnds my memory escapes me as to exactly where we went, however the country is awesome, with views, countryside and beaches that are gigantic and empty.
every day we camped in a location that we thought couldnt get better, but the next day another uncbelievable site was found.( ok the train station carpark in Dunedin possibly does not qualify as stunning but it was saturday night and teh towns 25000 students all came out and the 5 am finish was only possible because of our sneaky parking choice.)
a few adventures have been had, getting the campervan stuck on a beach, taking three hours and a 70 dollar tow truck to get us out ( collecting a hundred plus sand fly bites not funny, still have teh bites, still taking teh antibiotic cream and still scratching)
pointing Andy to teh camp site at midnight and then finding him wandering the streets at 3am as he took a wrong turn. staggering back from many bars on friday and saturday nights.
however, having spent hours trying to sort out our next trip to koh chang i have lost teh will to live and am about to throw teh lap top out the window.
our friendly hotel manager ha sthough now provided a tax to drive usu teh 5 hours and get on teh ferry with us and drive us around teh island to find a good cheap hotel/hut on teh beach. a saviour!
will catch up again soon when less addled
still living teh dream though
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb