Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 22nd 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a good night's sleep we were in search of breakfast and a new (cheaper!) home for the evening which we in found in the form of raisin bread and The Khaosan Palace Inn. After moving our rucksacks all of 200 yards up the road we then set out to explore Bangkok....we managed a further 500 yards trying to find the boat station but instead a helpful local put us on a tuk-tuk (price arranged!) to take us to see some of Bangkok's temples. Tuk-tuk driving is a little different to DVLA standards but we did survive the 60mph tin shack ride along some of Bangkok's busiest roads! After seeing several Buddahs we 'decided to visit the TAT (tourism office) as didn''t have any idea how we were going to navigate ourselves across the rest of the city let alone the country! An hour later and a quick tuk-tuk ride later our entire months stay was booked and we left very excited and relieved and so headed to the boat station (which we now found) to catch the boat to Chinatown.

The walking tour of Chinatown in the guidebook was a little much for our now tired feet so we cut some of it short having sampled enough of the markets to head back to Khaosan and get ready for dinner.....and Pat Pong - Thailand's famous red light district! Dinner in the night bazaar was delicious however Pat Pong, was not quite what we had expected, with only a few 'alternative' menus (ping pong!) and then bars! Unfortunately no ladyboy sightings!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb