Bangkok Blues


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 4th 2006
Published: April 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

monkeymonkeymonkey

Monkeys and demons surround one of the stupas in the temple complex.
Bangkok has been my base for the last few weeks and as I have been before I have not written about it. For those of you who have not been here and for those of you who have here are a few pictures and observations!

* Bangkok is highly polluted and traffic rules BUT it is better than Delhi.

* The express boat along the river costs 13Baht maximum and is a good way to see some of Bangkok and get around.

* Remember to get a taxi driver to use the meter - it is usually better than any deal.

* If a tuk-tuk driver offers you a tour for 20 Baht be prepared to go to a tailor's shop so he can get his fuel voucher.

* It's hard to walk quickly in Bangkok as Thai people shuffle along in front of you on the narrow pavements in flip flops.

* If you want to cool off go to a shopping centre.

* Street food can be delicious if you take the chance.

* Khao San Road is not what it used to be. I missed seeing the trays of deep
templetempletemple

The golden stupa and Temple of the Emerald Buddha
fried cockroaches and caterpillars that were available a few years ago!

* I am a size 10/12 (small/medium) at home. In Thailand I take XL!

* The Grand Palace and the temple of the Emerald Buddha complex is one of the most beautiful exquisite places that I have been to.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

palacepalace
palace

The Grand Palace, Bangkok
feetfeet
feet

Chicken feet are a delicacy in Thailand


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb