The most epic travel day, EVER


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 20th 2010
Published: June 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Longtail boat, taxi, ferry, bus, train, taxi, flight, taxi.

We hopped on the longtail boat from bottle beach and then into a taxi and waited for the ferry to arrive. We were a bit worried the whole time because we didn’t have a train booked to Bangkok but we did have a flight booked out of Bangkok so we were a bit nervous the whole day.

Our ferry dropped people off and picked people up in Ko Tao which is a small island mainly where divers go. It’s meant to be the number one spot in the world to learn how to dive. We didn’t have enough time or money to dive. Our ferry got into Chumphon and we were all instructed to just wait. Most people had a night bus to Bangkok booked or a train booked. We tried asking people at the ferry terminal but didn’t get many answers.

A bus finally came at about 6:30 pm and took people to the train station. We hopped on and just hoped that the ticket counters were still open. Luckily it was and we got a train ticket for the 8:44pm train. Whoo! We walked across the street and grabbed some dinner. Our train was a bit late but no worries. We had a second class bunk ticket so we were expecting our own cabin for the two of us. But no. Basically, it’s two rows of bunk beds on either side of the train carriage with curtains haha. So, the lower bunk starts off as two seats and the upper bunk is tucked away. A little dude comes around and makes your beds for you.

Michelle got the top bunk and I got the bottom. We crawled into bed and pulled our curtains. I slept with my ipod on to drown out the snoring. The couple across from us were up quite early and she was complaining about no tea and he was snorting up so much flem and snot I thought his head was going to explode. So it was a fun morning haha. We pulled into Bangkok around 6:30am.

Our flight was at 9:30 am so we found a taxi guy and I negotiated a price with him to Don Mueng airport. So he took us over to a cab and we hopped in and he told the lady driver where to take us we guess. But she headed for the wrong airport and we had to stop her. She didn’t speak any english so that was even harder. We finally got her going to the right airport, good thing we had enough time. But she wasn’t happy and we weren’t happy and she charged us more then we agreed to pay.

Finally at the airport and off to Chiang Mai which should be really good. Stay tuned to hear about the adventures I have up north!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb