Bangkok - Day 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 31st 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We all woke up about 8am, with healthy hang overs to suit. It was yet another overcast and stupidly humid day... hovering around 30 degrees and 100% or so I guess.

We woke to some news that unfortunatly Hamish had had about 500 euro's stolen from his room, likely by the cleaners. He headed off to make a police report, while the rest of us decided to head to some markets that Trav knew of via a friend of his.

We jumped on the sky train, which is an elevated rail that took us through town. We wound up at the markets in the middle of another thunderstorm, which thankfully stopped about 5 minutes later. Unfortunatly, the ground was saturated, and the sun came out. This just made things even more humid.
I was in at the markets to sort out some jeans, but much to my dismay, the clothing part of the markets was only open durin the weekend... so we all wound up buying nothing, but losing a lot of energy and water through the heat of walking around and such. Most of the open markets there sold animals and plants... so wernt of much use to us.

We cruised back (via McDonalds....again) to the hostel, to pack our bags, and get ready for our 1am flight. We had spent exactly 48 hours total in bangkok.

Went through bangkok airport, and was greated by another long lasting thunderstorm. Dunno whats with us and thunderstorms at airports aye. We were greated by a 747 plane and no individual tv screens! Argh! But most of us were so dog tired, we all just fell asleep after an hour or so... but it was still a bloody long 12 hour flight to heathrow.

Coming into heathrow was also pretty bumpy... however we had the joy of a camera on the nose being projected on to the movie screen as we approched... which only re-inforced how bumpy our approach was.

Heathrow was a breeze thank god... customs didnt interrergate us at all in regards to our visa, and we breezed through immigration, to be greated by a "warm" (8 degrees) london day. And sooooo here we are. Heaps of us went out this afternoon to get UK simcards for our phones... what geeks. Im just chillin here typing away, a bit zoned out due to the 4 or so hours sleep I have had over the past 40 hours...

So yea... dunno when ill update you next... but missing you all... have fun.

Ju

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb