Urgh buses!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 19th 2010
Published: March 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Checked out, left bags in GH and went to shopping mall via MRT (love the way security salute you after checking your bags) and skytrain. Bought some toiletries, Robby had a Maccy D's, bought museli for tea and Robby found some salt n vinegar crisps and was a very happy boy! We were going to go to flicks but nothing good was showing within our time frame so we went back to GH and entertained ourselves with internet and books.

Had problems when we tried to get taxi to bus terminal as they seemingly couldn't seem to understand us so after 3 attempts we went back to GH and receptionist wrote instructions in Thai! Managed to get one in the end but as time was getting on we were worried that we'd miss our bus. Taxi driver took the pee too doing over 20km to get somewhere 8km away which stressed us both out. Anyhoo got there with just 15mins to spare but luckily there was a later bus we could catch without needing to rush which was extra good as the bus terminal was mucho confusing.

Bus was really nice. We got pillows and blankies, water, coke, cake, milk and the seats reclined to a nice angle. There were a few mini cockroaches scuttling about the window ledge though so I was forced to go on a mini killing spree. We read till the lights went out. 'Kindly" they showed us part of a Thai horror film and then 2hrs of karaoke with some teenage girl singing seemingly the same song (def the same video) over and over again! We slept on and off for the 12hr journey. At one point we were pulled over by police so they could check the bus was carrying no dodgy characters.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb