Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 11th 2010
Published: January 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were dropped off at Koh San road at 5:00 in the morning and walked to our guest house The Phiman Water View in the dark. Another couple could not find the hotel because of its concealed alley ways and because we stayed here last time they follow us there. We were ready to settle in on the water edge until check in but a Thai man came out and said we have a room ready for you, 400THB per night and we didn’t even think to ask if checked in early would we have to pay for the whole night. It turned out that we did and we couldn’t believe how stupid we were for not asking in the first place. We must have been tired and it cost us 400THB for a 2hour sleep. We took advantage of the free Wi-Fi and caught up with finances, travel blog, skpe and facebook for the day. We also organised our visas for India as they needed to be sent to the embassy for 6 days, so we were stuck in Bangkok until they were processed and we ended up paying another 1000THB extra to have them processed one day quicker so it wouldn’t fall on the weekend and we would lose another two days in Bangkok. We checked out our room and checked into another room that was cheaper. It’s a little “A” frame hut that is quiet and cosy, we much preferred this tha8 the guest house dorm that sleeps 8 people and was almost full. We are right on the water’s edge and with our own little piece of tranquillity it was a bargain at 350THB/ night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb