Bangkok New Year


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 11th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
I went back to Bangkok on December 28 to meet my buddy Erik and celebrate New Year there. Erik was only staying for a week and, as great a buddy he is, he used all his remaining "Marriott Points" (like airmiles, collected while working for his employer) to book us a week at the lavish JW Marriott for free! We also had access to the "Executive Lounge" which means free drinks all day and free cocktails in the evening! So that was going to be a really chill week. And it turned out to be exactly that. :-)

All we did was lay by the pool, play pool, celebrate New Year (almost every night :-) ), shop, and watch movies. We spent the New Year countdown at a big square next to a shopping mall. The fireworks were disappointing though, because there weren't any! In order to see that, we should have headed for the river, but that was quite far from our hotel, so we didn't bother.

Like everyone else in the world, we went to see the movie Avatar. In 3D. I have to say that the visuals were stunning and the 3D experience was pretty cool, but unfortunately the story was something we've all seen before in other movies, but just in another package. It's still worth seeing though, good entertainment, but I feel they could have done better with the story. Something to keep in mind for Avatar "The Sequel", whenever it comes :-)

The week was over way too quickly of course... After stuffing Erik's bag to the max with our shopping results, we said goodbye again, but not before we made a plan to see each other again on this trip... it might be in Havana Cuba! I have a couple of months to go before I get there though... First to Kuala Lumpur it is!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



12th January 2010

hey welcome to KL, hope you enjoy it! Be safe and nice journey~

Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 104; dbt: 0.1825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb