Days 2,3,4 and pro.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 21st 2007
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After severe sleep deprivation and waking up early in the night(7.00pm), we mooched into sukumvit for a look round and discovered an amazing thing. We discovered pro was in the local arcade in winning eleven form, bang-on.

Day 3 was strange, after waking up at 4 in the morning, couldn't sleep. Decided to take a boat down the dirty bangkok river to go and see the emerald Buddha at the Grand Palace, the boat was 12 baht, an absolute steal. Upon arrival at the end of the boat line we met a friendly thai trying to fleece us, buddha holiday he said, no we said back. Took some superb pictures of the temple while being permanently tailed by some thai kids on an English project, for our question time we received some elephant pouches and a picture of big Steve Hawking in a boat(has to be seen to be believed).

Group of us from the hostel went to watch liverpool and Newcastle games, whole bar stopped as about 8 of us went in, Steven carr needs dropping or shooting is my summary of the game. Me and pete went to bed when we got back, Tom came in around 6 hours later to some justified abuse.

Ryan



**BLOGSPOT COMMENTS**

Laurence said...
Good stuff this boys, all looks sound as a pound. And nice to see you've got some footy and poker on the go aswell.
21 January 2007 22:16


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The Palace WallsThe Palace Walls
The Palace Walls

Some seriously intricate painting
Beautiful scaffoldsBeautiful scaffolds
Beautiful scaffolds

Let's face it, there had to be scaffolding somewhere...
Distinctly GoldenDistinctly Golden
Distinctly Golden

View from inside the palace
MBKMBK
MBK

Supposedly one of the biggest shopping centres in the world, and the biggest in Bangkok. We spent a fair few hours in here just checking out what was on sale on each floor, as well as letting Ryan hunt down a reasonably priced PSP.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb