Farewell Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 5th 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Floating Market and shopping!!



The alarm clock was triggered at 6:00 and we had to arise for a day at the floating market. It was about an hour away from our hotel but we were waiting for Mr and Mrs sleepy who were very late in getting up and delayed us all. I have a picture of what they do best! The market was pretty cool but sold merchandise mainly to tourists. A few stalls had fruit and veg available but this again was at hyper inflated prices (anything to do with interest rate reductions?).

As we are staying extremely close to the main shopping centres of Bangkok we are able to walk there which is not good as tsz wai has a medical condition known as shopaholic! We are also a few minutes walk to Jim Thompsons house……….a traditional Thai style house. His house has been preserved as an example of Thai architecture infused with western styles which creates a unique blend. Enough of that! You can look it up in your own time……..or visit it!

Monk Mania



I have recently discovered an interesting feature on my camera - colour accent. I can select a single colour of an object and take a picture with the rest of the picture in black and white while only showing the colour selected. With this in mind, my craziness suggested that we should wake up at 5am and go to a temple where the monks line up and collect food donations in the morning. This way I could get the orange monk robes and a b&w background…….see below. Its coolio!
We also hit the last couple of temples in Bangkok…..the tallest and biggest solid gold. However, the latter failed as a new temple was being constructed (opens in 2 months) and the Buddha had already been moved into the new temple so we were unable to view this….nightmare!

We have also been to the cinema, watching angels and demons, as tsz wai has just finished the book. I actually stayed awake for the whole film and didn’t even go to the toilet half way through! Success!

We leave Thailand tomorrow for Malaysia for the next leg of our journey. We will be sad to leave but hope the fun continues as it has done so to date! See you in Malaysia!

Chris and Tsz Wai




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb