The Journey Begins


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 11th 2009
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunrise, leaving Gold CoastSunrise, leaving Gold CoastSunrise, leaving Gold Coast

Saturday 11th April, leaving Gold Coast

Thailand, Here we come!!




It was a nice clear morning, Rod (my stepdad) picked us up early to take us to Coolangatta airport. We dreaded the day of travel ahead, having done the same trip before we knew it was going to be a long day.

The flight itself went smoothly, Shan didn't even feel sick which was great as she gets airsick sometimes. We flew with Airasia which meant having to purchase your meals onboard, Shan had a sandwich and I had a delicious and quite spicy Malaysian Chicken Curry.

The stop-over at Kuala Lumpur was a little annoying as we had to queue for about an hour to clear customs, there were literally hundreds of people trying to get through at the same time. We were a bit worried about timing for our connecting flight but got through with time to spare, even had time for a quick feed at McDonalds to fill our bellies.

When we touched at Bangkok at about 8pm on Saturday the 11th it was a great feeling to finally be there, was a bit strange when the pilot locked the brakes for a second though, doing a sort of "hand brake" skid!!! LOL

We knew that one of our Thai chat friends may be at the airport to meet us, so had our eyes peeled once through customs. Shan was first to spot Chur waiting patiently for us at the exit barrier, she was waving to us and called out "Nong Dan"!! hehe...

It was fantastic to meet someone we had been chatting to in person, she was just as nice in person and I still have all my organs ( haha P Chur). We spent a little while chatting and getting acquainted, then Shan and I jumped on the Minivan that the Micacle Hometel sent out to pick us up.

The Miracle Hometel was just a short drive from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bkk, when we arrived we were pretty tired, so shower then bed was it!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb