Chutachut Market.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 11th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Off to Chutachut Market, Thought we would take a taxi as with all the heat and all the walking my ankles are now wider than my legs due to swelling, as the haven't gone down since the plane ride and the heat has made them worse.
Well every damm taxi wants to take us to a sponsor as it is a holiday they get double stamps for fuel. So Brad decides we will get a Tuk Tuk, same same..... wants to take us to the sponsor we get out and walk. Brad says's it is just around the corner to the sky train...
Yeah right... he has only been here 2 days and is already stretching the truth.
We make it to the BTS (Sky rail) get to the market which is 35 acres and 15000 stalls, yes... that was not a typo. We only have 2 hrs before we need to be back to the hotel to fly to Vietnam. We obviously do not see it all, but buy a few things and head back.

Tuk Tuk, I forgot to tell you I love the Tuk Tuk's..... most people don't because they drive crazy, but so does every one and they are so used to it that it didn't worry me, even thought there was quite a few close calls.... of nearly being sandwiched between a bus and a car.

Right on time our lovely cab driver turned up and took us to the airport.

We get to the airport, We have an Air Asia flight to catch, so we book in only to be told we are 9kg over weight... I didn't do that much shopping.........I just wasn't careful how i packed it up this time.
No, no.. I paid extra... I rang while in Aus and checked... Anyway we are told no and had to pay $45Aus. S*** We get through to security check in and they tell us we can't take our duty free alcohol as we have open it.... 1 bottle of Makers Mark Bourbon and one bottle of Baileys. Didn't even dawn on us not to open it.
So much to Brads disgusted he had to leave his Makers Mark behind, another $100 down the tube... So we left Bangkok a little disheartened, Brad a little more.....
To be continued..........


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb